Habitica is all about pursuing goals, and so it’s no surprise that New Year’s Resolutions are a big deal in our community! Are you planning to pursue a new goal or resolution in 2020? If so, check out this list of some of our best resources to help you rise about the rest and be one of those shining stars that keeps their resolution burning bright.
1. Get Social in Habitica’s Guilds and Challenges
Habitica’s community is known for its supportiveness and positivity so it’s a great place to seek information, help, and camaraderie as you make and work to keep those resolutions. Try searching the Discover Guilds list to see if there’s anything specific to your goals.
Most Guilds in Habitica are also places where you can find Challenges related to your resolutions.
Be sure to check out the Official New Year’s Resolution Guild!
It’s a whole community just for folks pursuing their resolutions! You can find fellow players who are pursuing similar goals, discuss your plans, and get support and accountability in the active chat.
This Guild is also the home of the Resolution Success Challenge Series. Each month a new Challenge is posted, each with a special objective to help keep you motivated and excited as you work towards your goals. Plus, each month five lucky winners get 15 gems!
Here are a few more Guilds that tie into common goals and resolutions:
- Learn a new language with Duolinguists of Habitica.
- Work on your general motivation with the Procrastinators.
- Improve your grades and study habits with the Scholars.
- Join the Health Nuts to work on improving your physical well-being.
- Work on your sleep hygiene in Early to Bed Early to Rise.
2. Check out some helpful blog posts with tips to help you on your resolution journey!
The Habitica blog is full of great ideas to help you set and meet your goals. You can check out tips from our team, the Wizards that build and maintain our Wiki, and from Habiticans like you!
Habitica’s staff has penned a number of posts on the blog dedicated to creating, planning, and keeping New Year’s resolutions. You can find this four-part series here.
Our Wiki Wednesday series includes some great guides for using Habitica to set and keep resolutions:
- Read about S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting to learn a great method for setting realistic, achievable goals!
- The Habit Loop has great information to help you build and keep healthy habits.
- If you’re working on study or work habits, don’t miss our article on the popular Pomodoro productivity method.
- And read up on Burnout to get tips on balancing your goals with your health and wellbeing to keep your motivation up.
Use Case Spotlights are articles about using different aspects and features of Habitica to work on goals, build habits, and improve your health and happiness. All the tips submitted in these features are written by players like you!
- There’s a whole post about Setting Realistic Goals you’re sure to find helpful.
- Setting Up a Routine can help you figure out practices to improve any set of tasks you want to keep on a schedule.
- Check out the post on Mental Health and Wellness if one of your goals is working on those important aspects of your life.
If you’re interested in contributing to future Use Case Spotlights, you can join the Guild here.
Thanks for reading, and we hope you’ve found some helpful information here to help you make 2020 the best year ever! We can’t wait to help you meet your goals. 💜